Hunting is a fascinating and famous hobby. Many people in the world try to hunt their favourite animals. You find a lot of fun while hunting. But things always do not go like we plan, especially in hunting.
You may face a wild animal; maybe the weather becomes harsh, your gun may break down, your car perhaps punctured. So, what you will do in such a situation, while there is nobody around you.
It is a better idea for a successful hunting experience that a hunter should be prepared by all means to face any problem. So, to meet things, you should know everything about “what should every prepared hunter carry for outdoor emergencies”.
Before discussing things necessary to carry with you while going hunting, we should tell you about some accidents that can happen with a hunter.
What outdoor emergencies and accidents can happen?
Our main topic is to share things with you that a hunter should have with him for outdoor emergencies. But first, we will tell you about some typical outdoor troubles that a hunter can face.
- Hunters are at high risk of attack by animals. You could have much trouble if you face a wild animal like a lion, leopard, or an angry elephant. It usually happens when you may consider that an animal is dead, but it was your mistake.
- Drowning is also a typical outdoor emergency that hunter faces mostly. The reason for drowning is that animals live near water bodies. When you go behind them to hunt them, you may fall into a river or lake.
- Another outdoor emergency that can happen with hunters is injury. While you are hunting, you may slip from the stones due to a misstep.
- Your car or bike can puncture or some other problem with your vehicle in the way.
- Maybe you are stuck in the forest due to bad weather, and you need to spend a night or a day there.
You may encounter other types of accidents out there, but the emergencies that we listed above are the most occurring.
Top Picks: Why Need Scent Eliminitor For Hunting ?
What Should Every Prepared Hunter Carry for outdoor emergencies?
You have known what outdoor emergencies can happen with a hunter on hunting. Every hunter should learn about first aid techniques and carry the following things when going hunting.
1. First Aid Box:
You should take a medicine kit equipped with necessary wound treatment medicines. It is compulsory to keep wound cleaning solution, pain killer, bandages, and tape.
If you are a patient of diseases such as diabetes or heart problems, you should also keep your medicines in the first aid box.
- 200-PIECE FIRST AID: Keep your family safe indoors & outdoors with premium First Aid supplies
- COMPACT, LIGHT AND PORTABLE: Rugged kit fits into backpack or car glovebox, weighs only 16 oz.
- ★UPGRADED GEAR FOR 2021: Includes Fire Starter Rod, Wire Saw, Fishing Line, & Mylar Blanket
- ALL PURPOSE: Recommended for home, car, boat, camping, kitchen, sports and weather emergencies
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: Swiss Safe Guarantees customer satisfaction or receive a 100% refund.
2. Means of Communication:
Before hunting, you should carry any device such as a mobile phone to help you communicate with people. It would help if you also took a Ziploc bag to keep your phone dry.
- 🌎ZOLEO GLOBAL TWO-WAY SATELLITE COMMUNICATOR: Rugged, GPS location-aware and Iridium satellite based, the ZOLEO device links with the free ZOLEO app on your smartphone or tablet to keep you connected when outside cell coverage. Monthly subscription required: $20, $35 or $50 (25, 250 or unlimited satellite messages) with cellular, Wi-Fi and SOS messaging included. After the initial 3-month commitment, suspend for just $4/mo. Plans currently available in USA, Canada, Australia, but work globally.
- ✉️GLOBAL MESSAGING AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE: Only ZOLEO extends your messaging coverage to everywhere on earth transmitting over the lowest cost network available (satellite, cellular or Wi-Fi). ZOLEO offers a familiar text messaging experience to and from any SMS text number, email address or another ZOLEO app user. By taking advantage of cellular or Wi-Fi when available and the Iridium network (a truly global satellite network) when it isn’t, only ZOLEO offers seamless coverage wherever you go!
- 📲DEDICATED SMS PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL ADDRESS: Your ZOLEO device includes a dedicated US SMS text number and email address that you can share with contacts that you want to remain accessible to, and that they’ll recognize when you message them. Contacts can send messages directly to your SMS number, email address or via the free ZOLEO app. It’s that simple!
- 🆘EMERGENCY SOS & MORE: If something goes wrong, declaring an SOS ensures your SOS alert and GPS coordinates are sent to GEOS, our 24/7 emergency monitoring and dispatch partner. Other safety features include check-in to let others know you’re OK (using built-in button on the device or via the ZOLEO app) and the ability to add your GPS coordinates to any message. And the ability to plan safe travel with on-demand DarkSky weather forecasts, one of the most accurate sources of hyperlocal weather.
- 💪RUGGED AND BUILT TO WORK FOR DAYS: Long-lasting battery life – 200+ hours or 8+ days checking messages every 12 minutes (Lithium-ion battery). Lightweight (5.3 oz) and compact (3.58 x 2.6 x 1.06 in), the ZOLEO device is rugged with MIL-STD 810G shock-resistance, and superior dust- and water- resistance (IP68). Power input – Micro-USB Type B with a charging time of 2 hours. Operating temperature – -4°F to 131°F.
It is also a good idea to take a whistle with you; it will help you give your friends signals to rescue you in case of an emergency.
- NON BRITTLE PLASTIC, can't crack or break, bright color-highly visible, never fade and non corrodible, pretty good whistles to carry in case of emergency.
- PEA-LESS, FAIL-SAFE, pealess design, works well in any conditions, actually won't freeze or stick to lips like METAL ones in cold environments.
- 120 DECIBLE, two sound chambers design, high pitched noise maker, audible over 1 mile, easier to be heard, work great as signal whistle.
- WITH CLIP and LANYARD, has multiple attachment options, can easily loop through backpack, sailboats, hike gear, life jacket, kayak PFD, paddle board; meanwhile great for attaching to your belt or shoulder straps.
- EASY-TO-REACH SERVICE, every purchase includes our worry-free warranty and lifetime support. If you have any questions, our friendly customer service team will be more than happy to help out.
4. Power Bank:
Any gadget that you have may run out of charge. This could be more problematic if you are hunting in a colder region. It is better that you should have a power bank with you to charge your gadgets when you need it.
- Phone, Tablet, and USB Power Bank - Never run out of battery! Two USB 2.4V charging outputs means this iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, or iPad Portable Charger powers multiple devices at once. Comes with Car Charger so you can keep your Bolt powered while you’re in your car.
- Universal Laptop and Phone Charger - Keep your Mac, PC, phone or tablet charged when traveling or use as a backup during a storm. 120V AC wall outlet powers your laptop on the go. Enough charge for 7.9 hours of battery life for a 13.3” Macbook Pro, 8.6 hours of iPad Air surfing, 19.9 hours on an iPad Mini, or 62.7 hours of talk time on an iPhone 7. See picture chart for details.
- Portable Jump Starter - Battery trouble isn’t an issue when your universal power bank includes enough power to jump start your car, boat, motorcycle or lawn mower, jumper cables included. Perfect for drivers who don’t want to wait on the side of the road for a tow truck.
- Stylish and Safe - Every portable charger has a fashion forward design, bringing safety back. Choose from Paisley, Floral, Graphite, Chevron, and Camouflage patterns plus more. Everyone picks their flavor with this compact unit.
- All In One Car Emergency Kit - LED flood light, battery jump starter, jumper cables, AC wall charger, carrying pouch and 2x USB phone charger all in one package. Know your teen driver or college student is safe.
5. Fire Makers:
While you are going hunting, it is necessary to keep fire makers with you. You do not have an idea about the weather. If there is bad weather and you need to stay at night, then the fire maker will give you light and keep you warm.
- The Pop-Up Fire Pit is the first truly portable wood or charcoal burning fire pit. This lightweight, portable firepit makes campfires possible anywhere, anytime which makes it the perfect companion for all outdoor enthusiasts. The Pop-Up Fire Pits state-of-art design allows for quick & easy assembly then collapses & packs away in a moment’s notice. It’s clean burn technology produces captivating flames and substantial heat output with 80% less smoke for a more enjoyable campfire experience.
- ENGINEERING SIMPLE - The Pop-Up Pit sets-up in just under 60 seconds without the use of any tools while still holding up to 125lbs worth of fuel!
- PERFECT BURNS - Burning on a fire-rated Stainless Steel Mesh (Fire Mesh) means our fires get perfect airflow. Enjoy brighter, hotter fires with almost no smoke. The Fire Mesh holds up to 125lbs of weight and doesn't allow ash to fall through.
- EXCEEDS THE REGS - With 576sq inches of burn area, an elevated base, and 3.5inch sides the Pop-Up Fire Pit exceeds BLM and Forest Service regulations for fire pans.
- FIRESIDE GUARANTEE - The Pop-Up Fire Pit comes with our unique Fireside guarantee. Enjoy a lifetime guarantee on all parts of the Trailblazer less the Fire Mesh. The Fire Mesh will need to be replaced over time but comes feature a 50 fire / 1 yr min. guarantee.
Torchlight will brighten your way in the darkness and make you see your paths clearly and keep you safe from possible attacks. You can take some small size torch or can attach it with a brim of your cap.
- ♥♥Ultra Bright: This mini penlight gives out max 150 lumens. Super bright in a dark or lit room and lasts quite two hours with moderate use(keep on) on just one alkaline battery(not included), sufficient to light your way and light small dark spaces.
- ♥♥Pocket Size: This flashlight is small and light enough to slip into a pocket, backpack or purse. Super Mini size is lightweight and small enough for EDC and fits in the palm of your hand. Only weighting about 30g.
- ♥♥Clip on Flashlight: With a clip, the pen light could also be used as cap light for your convenience. Easy to clip to your belt, remove it if you don't need it.
- ♥♥Skid-Proof Water-Resistant Design: Suitable for cycling, hiking, camping and other outdoor activities. Our flashlight set is made of high quality 6061T aluminum alloy with no worried using in rain, snow or emergency situations.
- ♥♥Safe and Warranty Guarranteed: High-Efficiency and Great Output LED Chip with over charging protection, short circuit protection and reverse connected protection. All of Hatori Flashlights has 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE and NO HASSLE 90-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
7. GPS device and compass:
You should also take a GPS device or compass with you. In this modern age, advanced mobiles have GPS facilities to navigate your way. But a Compass can also be helpful if you face a problem of mobile out of charge.
- Rugged and water-resistant design with button operation and a 2. 6” sunlight-readable color display
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps (U. S. and Australia only) featuring routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Know where you’re at with a high-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna and multi-GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via BLUETOOTH technology and ANT+ technology available on GPSMAP 64sx and GPSMAP 64csx models
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
Also Read: Top Handheld GPS For hunter
8. Fast Food Items:
It is necessary to take some fast food items with you, which you intake when you feel hungry. No one can have an exact idea about their days to spend, so; it is better to take enough food with you.
9. Water and Water Purifying Items:
No one can ignore the importance of water. So, before going on a trip for hunting, you should take purified water with you.
But to meet emergencies, you should also take water purifying items such as your water filter. This water filter will provide you with healthy water that you can take from anywhere.
- This official LifeStraw personal water filter will provide 792 gallons (3,000 liters) of safe drinking water without using chemicals, iodine
- Removes 99.9999% of bacteria including Escherichia coli (e-coli), campylobacter, vibrio cholera, pseudomonas aeruginosa, shigella, salmonella
- Removes 99.9% of protozoa including giardia lamblia (beaver fever), cryptosporidium parvum, entamoeba histolytica
- No shelf life, can be stored indefinitely even after use
- Perfect for your family and friends to use during camping, hiking and backpacking or for your emergency kits at your home, car and office
10. Vehicles necessary items:
Your vehicle is your best support that will help you anywhere while you are hunting. To avoid any untoward situation, it is better to keep an extra tire, extra fuel, and necessary tools for your vehicle repair.
11. Knife or cutting device:
As you have a gun with you, that is the best defensive tool, but you cannot ignore a knife’s importance. It is compulsory to carry a knife with you for your safety.
- Dimensions: 8.6 inch (21.8 centimeter) overall length with a blade length of 3.6 inches (9.1 centimeter) and a weight of 7.6 ounces
- Durable: Blade is made of reliable 4034 black oxide high carbon stainless steel with a black aluminum handle with rubber inlay
- Dependable: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip, flipper/finger actuator and M.A.G.I.C. assisted opening making it ideal for everyday carry
- Secure: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock and safety lock
What to do in case of Emergencies:
No one has a pre-idea of emergency, so people lose their composure during the crisis and forget what necessary action to take. But here we provide some suggestions that will help you to face emergencies with courage.
- Never lose focus during an emergency.
- Don’t be panic, and stay confident.
- Locate your gadget to call your friends for help.
- If you have a whistle, then blow it to give signals to your friends for rescue.
- If you got injured, provide first aid to yourself as early treatment.
- Don’t worry; if you lost, sit for a couple of minutes and then take help from your GPS device.
Now you have known that what should Every Prepared Hunter Carry for outdoor emergencies. It makes you able to be well prepared for accidents or emergencies during hunting.
In the end, we will conclude by saying that hunting is great fun, but your safety is more important than anything. So before going hunting, it is necessary to remember everything and take all the essential things first.