Finally, the moment you have been waiting for has arrived as you are about to take the shot. You have -the target, breaths deep and BANG! Congratulations, you just hunted a deer.
As you are about to go and claim the price, you are having trouble locating the exact spot where you hit the deer.
You are getting frustrated as hours of your hard work is crumbling as you fail to find your hunt. Only if you had a camera that could help you relocate the hunt by re-watching the film.
Having a camera for self-filming hunts surely pays off as you can tackle above situations like these as well as capturing fantastic hunting experiences.
So here we are with our review of the best camera for self filming hunts to give you a head start.
Cameras for self filming hunts on a budget review 2020:
Top DSLR Cameras for Self Filming Hunts
DSLR cameras have been around for quite a long time now and are known for their diverse use. Here are some of the best DSLR cameras that will assist you to self-film your hunts.
1. Canon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR Camera Review:
In the world of DSLR camera, Canon is a widely renowned name. The EOS Rebel T6 is their compact and sleek product that will ensure rich image quality with reduced noise, which makes this camera ideal for self-filming enthusiasts.
The camera features 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor combined whit a DIGIC 4+ image processor for premium quality footage in 1080p Full HD at 30 frames per second.
This camera is equipped with 9-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point. Film your hunting from any angle, horizontal or vertical, and get focused footage of your hunting experience.
The camera features Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens that ensures flexible shooting for everyday capture purposes.
Taking a wide-angle and portrait-length perspective shot is easier than ever given the versatility of this camera.
As for the accessories of this camera, you can equip the SDHC memory card having storage capacity up to 32GB.
The high-speed USB card reader will ensure you can have the footage instantly on your computer and start editing and uploading it.
Other accessories include High Definition UV Filters, Camera Shoulder Case, and a Slave Flash.
- 180 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) image sensor and high performance DIGIC 4+ Image Processor for excellent speed and quality
- ISO 100 6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light compatible with eye Fi cards Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used
- Built in Wi Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device
- 9 point AF system (including one center cross type AF point) and AI Servo AF provide impressive autofocus performance with accurate results AF Assist Beam Effective range: Approx 131 feet / 40 meter; Periphery: Approx 115 feet / 35 meter
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
- DSLR camera with 18-55mm is ii lens
- 500mm preset lens & 32gb memory
- Built-in wi-fi and NFC enabled.
- Sleek & flexible lens for daily shooting
- High speed USB card reader
- T-Mount for 500mm Lens
- Flexible spider tripod and HD filter kit
- It doesn’t support the touch screen.
2. Nikon D850 FX-Format Digital SLR Camera Review:
As far as 4k camera goes, Nikon D850 is a next-gen DSLR camera that effortlessly captures high-resolution footage.
If you are out hunting, you should have this camera around in which you can rely on. The camera is quite lightweight for taking it around wherever you go.
If the extraordinary resolution is what you are seeking in your hunting footage, you will be glad to have this camera around.
With a 45.7 megapixels capture resolution, capture at a dynamic range without worrying about the image noise.
Not satisfied with 4k resolution? This camera can even record 8k and 6k resolution footage without breaking a sweat and not sacrificing the sharpness and details of the film. File format includes DCF 2.0, Exif 2.31, and PictBridge.
The feature that makes this camera ideal for self-filming hunts is that its capability to record videos at 4k and slow motion up to 120fps in 1080p.
- Nikon designed back side illuminated (BSI) full frame image sensor with no optical low pass filter
- 45.7 megapixels of extraordinary resolution, outstanding dynamic range and virtually no risk of moiré
- Up to 9 fps1 continuous shooting at full resolution with full AF performance
- 8k6 and 4k time lapse movies with new levels of sharpness and detail; file system : DCF 2.0, exif 2.31, Pict bridge
- Tilting touchscreen, focus shift shooting mode, outstanding battery performance and much more; total pixels: 46.89 million
- Digital SLR Camera Body
- 105mm f/1.4E ED Lens
- Nikon DSLR with fast auto focus technology
- 35mm photo sensor size
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K UHD 2160p
- Ideal for long exposure shots
- Wireless communication technology
- Camera CPU performance is very fast
- Incredible image quality
- No focus peaking with 4K video
- Does not offer in-body photo stabilization
3. Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera Bundle Review:
Introduced in 2016, Canon 80D is suitable for advanced users and a solid mid-range DSLR camera. As you will be taking it for self-filming your hunts, you will find this camera’s performance up to the mark.
This camera features a 1.6x aps-c crop sensor, which is seen in Canon’s advanced 7D cameras.
The 24-megapixel sensor enables advanced autofocus capabilities, granting improved ISO performance.
Do you prefer wider autofocus coverage? The 45-point autofocus system (cross-type), will let you track subjects better, which is why this camera is excellent for capturing hunts.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor combined with a DIGIC 6 image processor ensures ultra-quality images. Record 1080p videos at ease with these on board.
Supports C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory cards having a capacity of 64 and 32 GB, keeping you worry-free about the storage as you focus more on your hunting, and the camera captures your experience.
- This Camera Bundle comes complete with Manufacturer Supplied Accessories and Includes :
- Canon EOS Rebel 80D DSLR Camera with DIGIC 6 Image Processor, 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen, 45-Point All Cross-Type AF System, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens with 29-88mm (35mm Equivalent), One Aspherical Element, Constant Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8", 58mm Filter Diameter + Tamron Zoom Telephoto AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens
- Also includes - 2 PC 16 GB Class 10 Pro-speed SDHC Memory Cards , exceeding high-definition video recording performance requirement and include security feature for protection of copyrighted data
- Commander 0.43x Wideangle Lens + Commander 2.2x Telephoto Lens + Flash + Commander USB Card Reader + Grip Strap + 2pc UV Filters + Camera Case + Starter Cleaning Kit + Flexible Spider Tripod + USB Cable + All Canon Original Accessories
- Dual Pixel autofocus and Digi 6 processor ensures instant lock
- Great for low-light imagery.
- Redesigned buttons offer tactile feedback for precise shots.
- 100% viewfinder coverage.
- The touch focus feature is excellent for manual focusing.
- The battery lasts longer.
- More on the expensive side.
- It doesn’t feature 1080p recording.
4. Panasonic DC-G9LK LUMIX G9 Mirrorless Camera Review:
This camera is a beast in terms of quality and performance, the best of what Panasonic has to offer. Designed especially for pro-video shooters, you will find this camera outstanding for self-filming your hunts.
Having a 20.3MP Live MOS sensor, this camera will enable you to take some amazing footage, and the no AA filter adds up to the quality of the recording.
3.68M-dot electronic viewfinder helps to take wide angular shots that are further assisted with 0.83x equivalent magnification.
5-axis in-body image stabilization will ensure you have shake-free footage that you won’t regret viewing later on.
What’s great about this camera that makes it ideal for self-filming is its capability to capture 4k videos at 60fps. Using High-Resolution mode, you can even capture 80MP Raw or JPEG images.
- Full resolution 20.3-Megapixel sensor, plus 80 megapixels high-resolution Jpeg/raw in-camera image
- Fast 0.04 sec. (approx.) lock focus result *1 from a new LUMIX ultra high-speed AF technology. 60 fps [AFS] electronic shutter or 20 fps [AFC] electronic shutter high-speed burst in full-res.
- Massive 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder [LVF] with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.83X magnification, and blackout free 100% field of view. MIC JACK – 3.5mm microphone jack supports external microphone use, such as an optional Panasonic External Stereo/Shotgun Microphone DMW-MS2
- 5-Axis Dual I.S2 combines data from a gyro, accelerometer & image sensors for stabilization performance of 6.5 stops lower shutter speeds *2 *3, when combined with LUMIX O.I.S. lenses with 2-Axis I.S.
- Dual UHS-II SD Card slots for in-camera backup, relay, or format allocation recording.
- G9 Mirrorless Camera
- 80 Megapixel high-resolution genre
- Excellent all around camera
- Ultra high-speed AF technology
- PQ is extremely great
- Easy to connect with PC
- The viewfinder is impressive for taking wide shots
- Excellent grip for vertical shooting
- Body is excellent, but lens not so much
- Batteries not included
Top Camcorders for Self Filming Hunts
5. Panasonic HC-WXF991K Review:
Lightweight, manual control, and ultra-zooming capabilities, this camera should be your go-to self-filming camera for capturing hunting experiences.
The lightweight feature grants ease of carrying, and the ultra-zoom will let you capture footage while maintaining distance from your hunting.
It is not limited here; with a higher zoom, the aperture is a challenge for cameras to maintain, and to have a 16-megapixel lens.
This camera offers a wider aperture of f/3.4 at a maximum, which makes it great for taking low-light footage if you are hunting in a jungle.
The camera can record footage having excellent color quality and high-resolution details thanks to its full 1080p HD video recording capabilities.
The viewfinder is enabled in an LCD screen, which has a screen protector of its own so that you don’t damage it being in a rush while hunting.
This camera comes with a mini tabletop tripod so that you can make it stand in a desirable location as you record footage.
The High-Speed USB card reader will ensure the faster transfer of file, and the mini-HDMI to HDMI A/V Cable will grant access to your HD TV as you enjoy the footage later.
- Ultra sharp 4K ultra HD recording, plus in camera editing for 1080p displays
- Electronic Viewfinder EVF emulates a semi Professional recording experience; Dedicated HDR button enables quick mode changes; Exclusive high dynamic range (HDR) mode reduces the overly high contrast look created by overexposed and underexposed shooting conditions
- Leica Decoma Lens optical 20x zoom, 5 axis hybrid optical image stabilization; Image sensor 1/2.3 inch BSI MOS sensor; Total pixels 18.91 megapixels; Focal length 4.0 to 81.6 millimeter
- Built in Twin Camera, plus Wi Fi mobile features add multi camera scene picture in picture recording; Digital Zoom 60x / 1500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification can be set in two patterns)
- 4K cinema in camera editing and effects (Dolly zoom, slow/quick motion, 4K Post cropping, stabilization and zoom)
- 1080p Full HD Digital Camera
- Powerful zoom with less distortion
- Wireless sharing via Wi-Fi
- 32GB fast SD memory card
- Fast USB card reader
- LCD Screen Protectors
- Amazing battery life for extended capturing
- The body is made of plastic and might suffer damage.
- No touch screen.
6. Canon XF400 4k UHD Review:
Canon XF400 is what you call a combination of customer and professional camera. It can get your regular shooting done as well as possess some advanced features that are ideal for professional filming. Whatever the hunt, this camera has got you covered.
Record 4k UHD videos at 60fps with this camcorder as it features a 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS image sensor and DIGIC DV 6 performance-intensive image processor. You can even shoot in slow motion in full HD up to 120fps.
The 15x optical zoom lens makes it ideal for filming subjects at a long-range without even compromising the quality.
So, having trouble tracking the subject? This camera offers greater focus and effortless to track them thanks to its Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- 8.29 Megapixel 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS Image Sensor
- 15x Optical Zoom Lens
- 5-axis Optical Image Stabilizer
- 4K UHD and Full HD Recording to Dual SD Card Slots
- 3.5-inch Touch Panel LCD and 0.24-inch Electronic Viewfinder
- The device is comfortable to grip while filming
- Ultra high-quality footage and images
- 15x optical zoom lens
- 5-axis visual photo stabilizer
- 4K UHD & full HD recording
- Touch panel LCD (3.5-inch)
- Electronic viewfinder (0.24-inch)
- Slow and speedy motion capturing (up to 120fps)
- Ideal for professional productions and creative fields
- Small camera but with a excellent photo
- It is not a cinema camera
7. Panasonic HC-X1000 Review:
Panasonic HC-X1000 is made especially for 4k recordings. This camera will fulfill your need for quality if that is what you are looking for in your records.
Carrying it around is also effortless thanks to its compact design and size, which ensures greater mobility.
Capture realistic 4k footage in 60 fps dauntlessly and without breaking a sweat.
The camcorder has a high powered 20x optical zoom that will make sure you don’t miss your hunting target no matter how far it resides.
As from the professional spectrum of this camera, a feature like triple manual rings, backup recording, LEICA Dicomar f, and 1.8 lenses makes this camera a must-have for professional photographers.
Do you like going to hunt at night time? Worry no more as this camcorder can record night scenes without sacrificing quality given its Built-in XLR Audio Terminal, 20X Leica Lens combined with Lens Mounted Control Rings.
- High-res 4K recording in smooth 60p/50p motion even for fast movements, and small enough for mobility
- High-Bit-Rate Recording for Both 4K and Full-HD to capture the most important moments with true-to-life realism
- Great functions for professional needs LEICA Dicomar f/1.8 lens/triple manual rings/backup recording/ND filter
- Wifi standard:IEEE 802.11b/g/n; Image Stabilizer: C4K/4K: POWER O.I.S./Full-HD or lower: 5-axis HYBRID O.I.S.+ with Active Mode
- High-powered 20x optical zoom camera
- Lightweight design and affordable price
- 4k shooting at 60fps.
- Night scene recording (with 0 Lux) is excellent
- Small enough for mobility
- Portable LED light & flash kit
- Best while shooting indoors
- The dynamic range provided by this camera is limited.
- Performs poorly in light.
8. Canon Vixia Gx10 Review:
Most of the time, smartphones are enough to capture your desired footage, and they fit comfortably in your pocket. So why bother getting a camera that you need to carry around? Let us tell you why.
Sometimes smartphone cameras fail to offer what you are looking for in your recordings. This might be 4k recordings, the zooming preference, or the lens.
Although you can’t get them all at once in a single smartphone, you need a camcorder like Canon Vixia Gx10, which will fulfill each of your needs.
This camera has a 1.0-inch 4KCMOS Image Sensor that grants UHD recording. The problem with cameras with higher zoom is stability.
Thankfully, this camera has a 15x Optical UHD zoom lens for distant shots. 5-Axis Optical Image Stabilization adds up to the camera’s durability, which eliminates the risk of camera shake.
The Dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors enable high detailed imaging and footage quality.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF grants precise shots.
- Canon 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS image sensor capable of 4K UHD video capture at 60p and slow motion recording up to 120fps in Full HD
- The 15x optical zoom lens maintains 4K UHD quality throughout the entire zoom range
- Wireless connectivity for easy sharing and transfer of recorded files
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF assists with standard shooting, 4K UHD 60p, Full HD 120p and other high-frame rate applications
- Turn your VIXIA camcorder into a high-quality webcam using its clean HDMI output
- Perfect for consumer usage.
- Ideal for users who prefer self-filming.
- User-friendly compact design
- Dual pixel CMOS AF technology
- 15x optical zoom lens keeps the quality
- Built-in electronic viewfinder (0.24-inch)
- LCD touch panel (3.5-inch)
- High-precision autofocus technology
- DSLR is more preferable over this.
- Video quality is a bit poor
9. Sony FDR-AX700 Review:
Are you looking for the consumer-grade 4k camcorder that will fulfill your self-filming needs? If so, then this is an upgrade to Sony’s previous version of FDR-AX100.
This camcorder grants fast and precise video recording that can record your activities quite masterfully.
The camcorder has an LCD touch screen, dual card slot, four recording modes that you might choose depending on your preference and autofocusing feature, which makes this device outstanding for self-filming.
You can even tweak with the zoom lens without compromising the image quality as this camcorder features Carl Zeiss 12x Optical Zoom Lens, which enables this camera to take ultra-quality footage.
You can record 4k with this camcorder at 24 and 30 fps and in full HD up to 120fps.
Shooting in complete darkness is easier than ever thanks to its NightShot Infrared System and face detection feature.
The camera also features a high-performance Bionz X image processor so that you don’t miss out on the tiniest bit of details from your self-filming hunts.
- 1” (1.0-Type) stacked Exmor RS back Illuminated CMOS sensor
- Incredibly fast, Hybrid AF with 273 points and wide coverage
- 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) in addition to full HD. Filter Diameter: 62mm. Minimum Focus Distance- Approx.13/32inch(Wide), Approx.39 3/8inch(Tele), Approx.1cm(Wide), Approx.100cm(Tele). Viewfinder Type-1.0cm(0.39type) OLED/ Color 2,359,296dots equivalent
- Instant HDR workflow with Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) encoding
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 12x optical zoom Lens w/ 29mm wide angle.Power Requirements:7.4V (battery pack), 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Lightweight and more comfortable to handle
- Great for 4k HDR recording
- Fantastic focus and lock on subjects
- Professional-level movie producing capacity
- LED video light w/ bracket
- Ideal for making amazing videos
- Not enough features present for professional use.
Top Bridge Cameras for Self Filming Hunts
10. AKASO EK7000 4K Wi-Fi Sports Action Camera Review:
Self-filming adrenaline rushing activities requires a camera that can perform in any given situation. Such in the realm of sports action cameras, Ek7000 is an amazing camera that is a cheaper alternative to a GoPro.
Capture 4k UHD footage with this 12mp action camera at up to 30 frames per second, which grants 4 times the resolution of a traditional HD camera.
While performing your actions, you need a camera that is easier to access. And guess what, this camera has a Wireless wrist remote control for easier accessibility so that you can focus more on your actions and the camera does its job expectedly.
Worry less about the recording time as EK7000 comes with two rechargeable 1050mAh batteries that can perform up to 90 minutes, which is enough for you to capture breathtaking footage.
Are you a surfing enthusiast and looking for a waterproof camera? Grab this camera ASAP as it remains waterproof down to 100 feet in the water.
- 4K Ultra HD action camera. Professional 4K 25Fps & 2.7K 30Fps video with 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, which is 4 times the resolution of traditional HD cameras.
- Wireless wrist remote control sports camera. With a wrist 2.4G remote, you can capture the world in an all-new way. Controlling the camera, framing shots or recording video is convenient.
- Longer battery life. AKASO EK7000 action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1050mAh batteries. Each battery can record up to 90 minutes. No more worry about the recording time for this Action camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi & HDMI, edit & share YOUR action in minutes. Just download App(smart DV) on your phone or tablet and connect with this action camera. Wi-Fi signal ranges up to 10 meters.
- 100 Feet waterproof camera. AKASO EK7000 is designed to withstand extreme environments, together with durable waterproof case. With the accessories, transform it for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Highly functional on water.
- Two rechargeable batteries for increased backup.
- Built-in wifi for faster file sharing.
- Low price.
- Can take still pictures up to 12mp.
- Low FPS.
- Exposure can’t be controlled.
11. GoPro HERO7 Black — Waterproof Digital Action Camera Review:
Do you know what the most troublesome thing about self-filming is? The random shakiness. This is where GoPro HERO7 comes to the rescue as it offers hyper smooth stabilization while recording video.
The way these feature works is the camera tracks your movement and controls the shakiness to provide smooth footage.
You might have seen those time-lapse videos on YouTube and Instagram that captures amazing moments giving it an aesthetically pleasing visualization. The video capture feature of this camera will enable you to do just that effortlessly.
The superhot feature automatically applies filters, including HDR and local tone mapping to your taken shots and gives them a professional look.
Take this GoPro out on an adventure without worrying about it getting damaged thanks to its rugged build and waterproof feature.
This camera can record videos at 60fps, live stream, and even can be operated using voice control. What more can you ask for from a camera for self-filming?
- HyperSmooth: Get gimbal‑like stabilization—without the gimbal. HERO7 Black corrects for camera shake to deliver insanely smooth footage
- TimeWarp: Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a scene. Increase the speed up to 30x to turn longer activities into shareable moments
- Live streaming in 720p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 720p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- Rugged + Waterproof: Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone. HERO7 Black is rugged, waterproof without a housing to 33 feet (10m) and up for any adventure
- SuperPhoto: Get brilliant photos automatically. With SuperPhoto, HERO7 Black intelligently applies HDR, local tone mapping or noise reduction to optimize your shots
- Unbelievable camera stabilization.
- User-friendly touchscreen UI.
- It can be used for Live Streaming.
- Support loads and loads of accessories.
- Voice command is unstable.
- It can get hot while recording 4k.
12. PANASONIC LUMIX FZ80 4K Digital Camera review:
As for a typical point-and-shoot camera, LUMIX FZ80 has a long zoom lens and stronger image quality at a much lower cost compared to other similar cameras.
I mean, where else can you get a camera with touch screen LCD, Wi-Fi and 4k video capturing at this price point.
This camera has a 1/2.3-inch image sensor tagged along with a big zoom lens to get your self-filming done without breaking a sweat.
18.1mp camera that can zoom up to 60 times that makes capturing far off moments a piece of cake.
4K QFHD video recording with pause and save photo mode, which helps to capture split-second moments in UHD resolution.
This camera performs remarkably in low light and makes nightlife self-filming achievable at a high quality.
The camera is travel-ready thanks to its USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- High Resolution View Finder & LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight.Lens:14 elements in 12 groups
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results; Note: Refer to user manual PDF attached below in technical specification for trouble shooting steps are on page 54
- USB Charging and Wi-Fi Connectivity: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi Fi connectivity to your mobile device; HDMI D (Micro), Micro USB and USB 2.0 provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices; Max resolution: 4896 x 3672
· Outstanding zoom range.
· Touchscreen LCD.
· Faster autofocus.
· Raw capture up to 10fps.
· Sharper EVF.
- Wobble effect while capturing telephoto videos.
- Raw buffer is limited.
13. Canon Powershot SX530 HS Review:
If you are obsessed with digital cameras, Powershot by Canon must have struck your mind at least once.
This has been Canon’s most successful line of digital cameras, and from which the SX530 HS is a fantastic one form self-filming.
The camera has a 16mp lens, 50x optical zoom, and can record videos in 1080p, just like your regular point-and-shoot cameras.
However, the viewfinder and autofocus system makes this camera stand out of the crowd at this price point. It provides 100% coverage, which means you will be capturing what you can see through the viewfinder.
The autofocused system assisted by DIGIC 4+ processor helps to capture high-quality pictures and videos.
- Powerful 50x Optical Zoom lets you capture the details that make your photography stand out
- Equipped with built-in Wi Fi and NFC to make wireless sharing of photos between compatible devices easy and convenient
- Fully compatible with Canon's photo and video storage device: The Canon Connect Station CS100. Focal Length 4.3(W) 215.0(T) millimeter (35 millimeter film equivalent: 24 1200 millimeter). Normal: 2.0 inch (5 centimeter) - infinity (W), 4.3 feet (1.3 meter) infinity (T). Auto/Manual: 0.0 inche (0 centimeter) infinity (W), 4.3 feet (1.3 meter) infinity (T). Macro AF: 0.0 inch 16 feet. (0 50 centimeter) (W)
- 16.0 Megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS sensor delivers state of the art imaging performance
- Full HD video at 30p for notably smooth and lifelike quality
- Provides zoom capability up to 50x.
- Amazing layout for controlling.
- Compact and responsive to performance.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC.
- HD video capturing is limited to 1080p.
Ultimate Buyer’s Guide for 2020:
What to consider before buying the best camera for self filming hunts?
Whether you are looking for a professional or consumer-grade, expensive or affordable, high performance or compact camera, you will need some minor nudges to get into the right track while shopping for a camera. So what to look for while picking the right one?
- Zoom Capability:
While self-filming, most of the time, you will be setting up your camera at a distance from where you can capture your actions.
Having a zoom lens that can capture from a greater distance will give you the preference to tweak which ultimately making it easier to achieve great footage.
Always look for a zoom lens that is higher in number as it can be brought down from there according to your preference.
- Motion Stabilizer:
The most irritating thing about self-filming is the camera keeps shaking as you are performing the stunt.
Making the video destabilized after shooting. Having a camera that ensures more excellent motion stability will help you to get rid of this problem.
Look for a camera that provides greater motion stability and it is only possible when it can track most of your movements and stabilize the recording depending on that.
- 4k Capturing:
Quality is all that matters when you are capturing stunts performed solely by you.
You need to capture every bit of detail so that you don’t miss out on the memories of performing those stunts. This is where a camera that can capture 4k footage comes in handy.
Keep in mind that most cameras get hot while capturing 4k or fail to achieve at a higher frame per second. Look out for these factors, and you will get a fantastic 4k camera.
Battery Life & Backup:
While you are on the hunt, you will need a camera that has a higher battery life and backup. This will save you from recharging the camera over and over to capture footage.
Some cameras offer dual rechargeable batteries that will prove to be great for longer outdoor self-filming.
Out of all these amazing cameras mentioned above, our money is on the GoPro HERO7 Black as the best camera for self filming hunts.
Amazing stabilization, waterproof and professional quality video capturing, and this camera is all you need for filming yourself while living on the edge.
However, the choice is totally up to you to pick the one that suits your needs. So go ahead and grab one ASAP to begin your self-filing journey.
We hope you have found our reviews helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to send us your comments & thoughts below. Thanks for staying with us until the end of this review guide.