A chart of 9 best deer attractants
|1. Antler King Honey Hole Mix||A combination of 5 varieties of Rape and TurnipsRecommended measurement is 19-19-19 or 15-15-15 at 300 lbs. per acreBag plants 1/2 acre|
|2. Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage||A mixture of actual acorns, roasted soybean meals and rice branDoesn’t need any processingDoesn’t add any synthetic chemical to the soil|
|3. Evolved Habitat Buck Jam Ripe Apple||Gel-like lick with sweet fruit flavor and mineralsno mixing requiredLeaches deep into any substance|
|4. Whitetail Institute 30-06 Mineral and Vitamin Supplement for Deer Food Plots||Combined with vitamins (A, D and E) and mineralsUseful for ground sites|
|5. Rack Snack Deer Attractant Bait Salt Lick||Enriched with a high level of calcium and phosphorusNo mixing requiredMoisture activated|
|6.TROPHY ROCK Redmond All-Natural Mineral Rock||Contains 65 trace minerals with sodium, calcium, potassium and sulfurProduced from mined sea saltAttracts all big game animals|
|7. Team Fitzgerald Deer Dander Red||Packed in a 4-oz. spray bottleDisguise human scentDoesn’t contain any animal by-products|
|8. Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Mix Mineral & Attractant||Releases mineral vapor trailPowdery, should be mixed with 6-8 gallons of waterRemains active for up to 2 months|
|9. Big and J HEADRUSH – BB2-BKM20 – Powerful Long Range Deer Attractant||High in calciumContains other bioavailable trace minerals such as zinc, cobalt, copper and manganeseDelivers long-range BB2™ aroma|
Top 9 Best Deer Attractants Review:
1. Antler King Honey Hole Mix
Honey Hole Mix is one of the promising hunt plots for deer. It is fast-growing and also very effortless to establish. The mix has various ingredients that make it a favorite of deer.
The mix is made with five different kinds of Brassicas, including Rape & Turnips. It consists of a balanced mix of 32% Trophy Rape, 20% Dwarf Essex Rape, 7% Purple Top Turnip, 3% Winfred Rape, 3% Seven Top Turnip & 34% Coating Material. This nutritious mix is full of vitamins and minerals and also cold and drought tolerant.
It has the ability for higher germination rates and enriched forage yield. The ideal time of planting is in late summer or early fall. Anyone can create a “Honey Hole”. These plants grow rich with little or no tilling, which makes the process very simple.
Antler King Honey Hole Mix is a great hunt plot for fall and winter. The first frost converts the plant’s starch to sugar, which brings out a great sweet taste. This nutritious forage with a mouthwatering taste becomes irresistible to deer.
- Fast growing and easy to establish
- For best results plant in late summer or early fall.
- Comprised of 5 varieties of Rape and Turnips, 3 lb. bag plants 1/2 acre.
- Treated with Antler King's Ultra Coat Orange for higher germination rates and increased forage yield
- Recommended fertilizer is 19-19-19 or 13-13-13 at 300lbs. per acre. pH should be between 5.5-6.5.
- Cold tolerant
- Easy to apply
- Tasty meal
- Creates a green environment
- Very little sprouting
2. Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage
Acorn Rage is a very renowned deer attractant from Wildgame Innovations. It is strategically developed to be nutritious and healthy for antler growth also to attract them.
The most notable thing about the product is it doesn’t need any mixing. It provides deer with actual acorn taste throughout the year. The product is made of actual acorns with roasted soybean meals and rice bran in a unique process.
This mind-blowing product is also environment friendly. It doesn’t add any chemicals to the soil. The natural fragrance of acorn drives deer into the hunting ground. It works as an excellent supplement for attracting and managing whitetail deer year-round.
This mix can be used right out of the bag and should be placed directly on the ground. The help of trough feeders or free choice gravity feeders will spread the acorn precisely.
Acorn Rage will maximize your hunt. It creates mineral sites and improves the overall health of deer. It feeds their obsession with acorns being one of the best attractants.
- Attracts deer year-round
- Makes a healthy meal for the deer
- Doesn’t need any mixing
- Doesn’t add any chemicals to the soil
- Disperses strong scent molecules
- Little pricey
3. Evolved Habitat Buck Jam Ripe Apple
Do you always want to eat a dish of savory venison each week? To make sure hunting deer like a pro, you need the right kind of attractants. Evolved Habitats Buck Jam Ripe Apple is the right bait to pick.
This thick liquid is a gel-like lick that is packed with sweet fruit flavor and minerals. It has a divine power to attract deer instantly, and they can’t help licking it. The aroma has some intense flavor that keeps deer coming back.
Unlike the other attractants, this jam is always ready to use, and no mixing is required. This attractant is incredibly long-lasting and works around the whole year. It begins working instantly after application.
This Buck Jam makes the hunting easier and time-saving. To make it work better, choose a shaded area with active deer passing. Loosen, and sandy soil is efficient. It establishes active mineral sites quickly and easily right after applying.
- Product Type: SPORTING_GOODS
- Package dimensions : 9.652 L x 19.558 W x 30.226 H (centimeters)
- Country of Orgin: China
- Buck Jam Is A Gooey Gel-Like Mineral Lick That Is Jam Full Of Sweet Fruit Flavor And Minerals.
- Start working immediately after application
- Maintain active mineral sites easily
- Strong aroma
- Ready to use
- Not that much attracted to deer.
4. Whitetail Institute 30-06 Mineral and Vitamin Supplement for Deer Food Plots
This supplement is professionally designed, emphasizing deer’s health. It is not a glorified salt lick. But it contains necessary vitamins (A, D, and E) and minerals for deer food plots. It also consists of macro and trace minerals with flavor, aroma attractants, and enhancers.
This vitamin and mineral supplement is professionally formulated for the deer during spring and summer. It contains vitamins and minerals in accurate forms and ratios for antler growth, pregnancy, and lactation. It increases calcium and phosphorous uptake to ensure heavier and mature deer. It also helps to reach more of deer genetic potential in antler growth.
The item is very easy to use. You have to shovel an area 2 to 3 feet in diameter and mix with the soil. Ground sites are preferable for using this supplement.
- Economical to use
- Easy to apply
- Doesn’t melt in the rain
- Harmful for grass
5. Rack Snack Deer Attractant Bait Salt Lick
Rack Snack is the ultimate mineral supplement that has the perfect formula for a healthy herd. This supplement is specially formulated for maximum performance, growth, and nutrition. It has less salt and more moisture. It gives you the pleasure of nourish, grow, and manage your herd.
This mineral supplement has less salt (26%), which means more minerals for bucks. Its minerals activate in natural effervescence. Moisture activated feature make sure new site every time it rains. It also contains a high level of calcium and phosphorus for animal growth.
Hunters use this supplement for over ten years, and it is worth every penny. If you want an attractant with super performance, then Rack Snack is the solution.
- MOISTURE ACTIVATED - Natural effervescence reactivates the minerals every time they get wet.
- LESS SALT - 26 percent salt which means more room for the minerals those buck need.
- PROVEN RESULTS - Rack Snack has been used by enthusiasts for over 10 years. Once you try it, you never go back.
- ULTIMATE MINERAL SUPPLEMENT - Perfect formula for the ultimate healthy herd.
- BIGGER. BETTER. RACKS. Click the orange button now and Add To Cart.
- Less percentage of salt
- Reactivation of natural effervescence
- Contains a high level of calcium and phosphorus
- Huge quantity
- Not applicable for dry weather
6. TROPHY ROCK Redmond All-Natural Mineral Rock
Trophy Rock attracts all kinds of animals, from whitetail deer to moose. This product is a rock made of sea salt mined in Utah, USA. It includes more than 65 essential minerals like calcium, potassium, sodium, and sulfur; which offer deer healthy growth. Deer love these mineral licks and don’t stop returning.
The Rock is an earth-friendly product, so don’t worry about giving it to the herd. It doesn’t use any hard chemicals, just natural salts. It lasts longer in the field and ensures you more strike for your buck.
You’ll get the best trail cam shots using the rocks from Trophy Rock. It works perfectly as a deer attractant and gives you the chance of a perfect shot.
- KEEP DEER COMING BACK - Deer love Trophy Rock mineral licks. They’ll return to it again and again, giving you the satisfaction of watching them grow. Other big game attractants use sketchy chemicals, but Trophy Rock for deer is an all-natural deer attractant you can feel good about giving the herd
- HELPS DEER GROW - Offer deer minerals they need to grow big with this mineral block. Without enough minerals, deer can’t reach their maximum potential, but with Trophy Rock all-natural minerals, they’ll have the nutrients they need
- LASTS LONGER IN THE FIELD - Our mineral rock lasts longer in the field than competitors, giving you more bang for your buck
- TRAIL CAM COMPANION - Get the best trail cam shots using rocks and minerals from Trophy Rock as deer attractant. Place it on a flat rock or stump and get ready to take a perfect shot.
- MINED IN AMERICA - Trophy Rock is mined in Utah, USA. Your purchase supports American jobs and the American economy.
- Contains more than 65 minerals
- Trail cam companion
- Easy using
- Salt lick can be broken
7. Team Fitzgerald Deer Dander Red
Do you scare your deer while hunting? It might be the odor of you that spooks them away. This bottle of deer dander scent then will surely come in handy to you. This scent by Team Fitzgerald covers human scents and keeps your targets in place. Deer Dander gives you a raw smell of the deer you chase.
Deer Dander has a compact design packed in a 4-oz. spray bottle. It has no urine, gland extractions, or other animal-related ingredients. This specialized formula is considered an excellent tool for hunting deer, moose, bears, and elk, among other species.
To disguise human scent spraying on clothing, boots, gloves, and your car’s gear is recommended. It is designed to make you smell like a deer so you can ensure close up shots.
The item is legal in the countries where deer urines are not allowed. To get an accurate shot, you must find the best crossbow. Barnett Whitetail Hunter 2 crossbow is great for hunters on a budget.
- Spray on clothing and other gear
- Legal in States where Deer urines are banned
- Compact design
- No by-animal product used
- Easy to apply
- Bad odor
8. Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Mix Mineral & Attractant
Deer Cane is a mineral attractant which releases mineral vapor trail and maximizes horn growth. It establishes and maintains an active mineral site easily. This attractant is made of a selection of minerals necessary for health and rack development in bucks.
It is a powdery mineral formula that should be mixed with 6-8 gallons of water. After activation of this dense mineral formula, deer will lick, paw, and gnaw at the soil to get the nutrients they crave. This powder mineral provides long-lasting power.
This mineral works well in a wide range of soil. It works efficiently, drawing deer all year long. It also remains potent for up to 2 months. It takes good care of deer health and makes hunting easier by establishing a mineral supplement site.
- Deer Cane Mix. Animal Health Supplies
- Manufacturer: EVOLVED
- Manufacturer part number: 66596
- Deer co-Cain is a beneficial mineral supplement that attracts deer by releasing a mineral vapor trail.
- After initial application, moisture will cause these minerals to keep reacting and attracting deer.
- Maintains active mineral site
- moisture makes the minerals keep reacting
- Easy to use
- powder formula gives the highest coverage
- Starts working immediately after application
- Not that much attracted to deer
9. Big and J HEADRUSH – BB2-BKM20 – Powerful Long Range Deer Attractant
A bucket of Big & J Headrush mineral attractant is combined with strong attracting power and long-term nutrition.
The product is developed with all the nutrition and several bioavailable minerals needed for the health and growth of deer. It is high in calcium, which is key to bone and antler growth. It also contains many natural minerals such as zinc, cobalt, copper, and manganese. Deer can’t get these minerals directly from the earth. Moreover, the bioavailable feature makes it a unique product because the animals readily absorb it.
This bucket also delivers a powerful long-range BB2 aroma and added salt to ensure more deer will find and consume.
- Long-range BB2 Aroma: To ensure more deer will find and consume HEADRUSH, we’ve given it the powerful, long-range aroma of BB2 and added salt, both of which deer love.
- Bioavailable trace minerals: HEADRUSH contains several key trace minerals, including zinc, copper, manganese (which antlered animals really need) and cobalt. The difference is, with HEADRUSH, these minerals are bioavailable, meaning they are readily absorbed by the animal as opposed to excreted.
- Calcium aids antler growth: We’ve also added calcium, a key to bone/antler growth, which is not readily available in the natural environment.
- Headrush is a product that will not only aid in adding inches of bone, but the aroma and flavor will literally mess with their mind. Headrush is a salt-based formula with added Calcium and bioavailable trace mineral sources of Zinc, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt.
- We all know that deer love salt even when it is not fortified with other ingredients. Big and J has taken salt based supplements to the next level by adding an aroma that deer cannot resist, calcium (a major component in bone and antler growth), and bioavailable trace elements that aid in cellular function and overall herd health.
- Bioavailable feature
- Strong smell
- Healthy meal
- High in calcium
- Easy to use
- Added salt
Also read: The Review of Best Decoy for Deer Hunting
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Deer Attractant
1. What Does Deer Attractant Smell Like?
Answer: Deer has a strong sense of smell. It will be attracted to its food smells. Besides, their urine, Doe estrous scent, and buck tarsal gland scent are also used to fool them.
2. What to look for when choosing the right deer attractant
Answer: It depends on the types of deer, particular hunting season, and the region you are hunting.
3. Are deer attractants considered as baits?
Answer: Scent type attractants that are sprayed into the air do not fall within the definition of bait. If the scent products are applied directly to a surface, and the animals feed on it, it is bait. Food type attractants are considered as baits.
4. What makes a great deer attractant?
Answer: If it is a scent-type attractant, it should have a strong aroma. Nutrients value is important for food type attractants.
5. Does deer attractant actually Work?
Answer: Attractants help to make a healthy buck. The right attractant creates the strongest deer for hunting, and it will also provide better meat.
As deer has a powerful smelling sense, deer attractant can quickly draw their attention. But all types of deer are not attracted to the same attractant.
6. How should I use deer attractant?
Answer: Firstly, you have to choose a perfect location to utilize the attractant. Be careful of using deer attractant scent. Don’t pour it directly on your body. Deer may attack you.
Opting for the best deer attractant is a long tradition. Of course, this task is not as easy as pie. Baiting buck needs great strategies and amazing resources. Understanding nutrients criteria, finding out the best resources and a little bit of effective strategy will bring out the best hunting experience.
These are the best deer attractants to keep in mind while planning a hunt. Using attractants properly is vital to achieving success in hunting. Apply these products according to the direction, and you might get lucky hunting the deer you want to find.