Coyotes are a hard to catch creature, and in night time, they get far more devious. If you’re looking for the best lights for coyote hunting at night, we got you covered. As these small creatures keep running around and causing havoc in the night, having a good light can do you the world of good.
Hunting is one of the oldest skills known to men. Historically, hunting has paved the role of modern civilization. Prehistoric men relied on hunting, more than anything else. From food, to supplies to safety, everything relied on hunting. They had to gather food, save their homes and survive, all of it was based on hunting. In modern times, hunting might not be of utmost importance. Hunting plays a crucial role in parts of the world, especially in areas close to forests. While hunting is helpful in terms of monetary value as well as food, in parts of the world it’s necessary just for the sake of survival.
Importance of coyote hunting
Coyotes can cause a lot of damage if not taken care of. They kill nearby deers, and other fawns terribly.
If you’re a ranch/farm owner in a coyote filled region, they can come up and kill your cattle. They can do climb fences, and get you in trouble. Both in terms of security, and economy. Therefore, controlling these creatures is very important.
Also, their fur can be sold for a pretty high price to leather makers as they are crafted to other commodities.
Hunting coyotes are easier in the dark as they’re mostly in rest. However, you need to be paired up with the right instruments.
The most important tool you need for hunting at night, is the light. From looking for coyotes, to exploring through the forest and using it as a beacon, a good light is your best friend in the forest.
While the market has so much available, we’ve skimmed down the available choices and searched for the best.
We have looked into metrics such as features, longevity, durability and their value for money. Hence, presenting the reviews for some of the best lights for coyote hunting at night of the year 2020.
Also Read: Which Are The Best Electronic Coyote Calls?
Best lights for coyote hunting at night:
1. Orion H30 Green or Red Premium 273 Yards Predator Hog Varmint Hunting Flashlight Light Kit
The first in the list is the H30 Green or Red premium 273 yards predator hunting light kit by Orion. It’s a powerful, high-range, high-functioning light. When in full glory, it can traverse upto 273 yards.
This 6.1” tool is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to making full use of its strength. It comes in two variants, red or green colored light, both powered with Cree XP-E3 LED. Ensuring 100% color of the light.
Comes with three brightness options, each with its own runtime including: 300 lm for 4 hours of use, 190 lm for 5 hours of use, 50lm 17hours of use and finally, 6 lm for 120 hours of use.
This light is a complete package as it comes with all the necessary mounts, holsters, rechargeable batteries and carrying kits.
Made with aviation grade aluminium, the device is made completely waterproof. It is also immune to scratches and impacts.
- Military grade built
- Rechargeable battery
- High quality light with extended battery life
- A complete package with necessary mounts and holsters
- Amazing range
- Comes with a 10 year warranty
- Slightly expensive
- Underwhelming battery life for heavy users
- Somewhat slow customer service.
2. WindFire Green LED Coyote Hog Hunting Light Set
Next on the list is the Coyote and Hog hunting Light Set made by windFire. While available only in green, this has a military grade finish. Ensuring that it survives in any condition, in any corner of the world.
This powerful machine has a 250 yard range. Powered with a strong 350 lumens of unfiltered green LED light. The light is powered by Cree Green LED, bright and focused. However, the advantage of such light is that it won’t disturb or scare the game away.
To make things easier, it comes with two power options. If you need it for a short time, use the momentary switch. Keep the switch on hold to use it, and leave to turn it off. Otherwise, use the long press button to use it for long hours.
Comes with adequate equipment to mount it on hand pistols, rifles and snipers of all sorts.
- Unfiltered Cree LED powered light
- Military grade built
- Comes with necessary holsters and mounts
- Multiple power options for ease of use
- Cheaper than it’s market competitors
- Heavier than other lights available in the market
- Unsatisfactory battery life
- Doesn’t come with pre charged batteries
3. Nitecore P30 1000 Lumens Red and Green Light
Next up, is a very powerful and high-range light courtesy of Nitecore. This device is your definition of power. Powerful light, powerful battery and super powerful range, combined in its formation.
This super powerful light comes with a 1000 Lumens of light, with 5 specific power modes. From a meager 1 lumen to 1000 Lumen, it works in 5 modes, with its battery life ranging from 680 hours (1 lumen) to 1 hour (1000 lumen) in these modes.
Using a Cree XP L-HI V3 LED in its full glory, it comes with two light filters. Green and Red light for the ease of use of different hunting situations
The light can travel upto 675 yards, which is more than sufficient if you’re in the forest. It’s range can help you in tactical as well as in times of danger.
The light can also house two batteries at a time, ensuring you never run out of light in a serious situation.
- 1000 LUMEN LONG THROW FLASHLIGHT - The NEW P30 comes with a 1000 lumen beam that can reach up to 676 yards of throw.
- EXTENDED BATTERY RUNTIME - With the included 4000mAh rechargeable battery, the NEW P30 is capable of up to 40 days of extended runtime with over an hour on turbo. Also compatible with 18650 batteries, or a pair of CR123A.
- EASY OPERATION - Tail switch is capable of momentary and constant on, and a secondary mode switch cycles through settings.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - The NEW P30 is built from durable aero grade aluminium alloy and rated IPX8 waterproof.
- NEW P30 HUNTING KIT - Included is the NEW P30, high capacity rechargeable battery, lanyard, and a LumenTac hunting kit with a NITECORE RSW3 pressure switch, 50mm red filter, 50mm green filter, UI1 battery charger, offset mount, and scope mount.
- Super powerful light
- Can cover area equal to 6 football fields in length
- Number of modes to ensure ease of use
- Long battery life
- Holster support for most rifles and holster types
- Value for its money
- Underwhelming performance of Colored lenses
- Material not extremely durable
4. Odepro KL52Plus Zoomable Hunting Flashlight
This specific light from Odepro is one of the best in the business. With its powerful light, multiple modes and their usage, this consists of everything you’d need for a complete and satisfying hunt.
This device is made of a strong aluminium, with a military III grade finish and an anti reflective, high end lens to ensure good vision.
The device consists of four light modes, red, green, flashlight and a special Infrared light. Suitable for hunting any animal, at any time. The addition of Infrared makes it one of the best lights for coyote hunting at night.
The device also features a special zooming mechanism. Allowing you to zoom in and out for close and far range targets.
Comes with an optional remote switch to use it from a distance. As well as for easy holstering.
- Adjustable Focus: Zooming out the hunting flashlight to be used as a spot light can reach out as far as 1350ft in high mode. Zooming in as a flood light provides a wide view when you are searching targets.
- Interchange 4-color LED Modules: 4 different color lights are included in the hunting set--red light, white light, green light and IR850nm light, can meet all need when you are searching for different targets in various hunting situations.Modules are easy to load and unload.
- Smart Remote Switch: Intelligent pressure switch can free your hands when you are holding your shotgun. Press and hold the button to turn the light on and release to turn it off. The button makes no noise at all.
- 2-type flashlight mount: The K185 aluminum mount can be installed in shotguns with Picatinny rail freely; the POM high strength quick-release mount can fit multiple scope sizes, no worry about different gun size.
- Weather, water and shock resistant: Enhanced aircraft aluminum body designed for rough outdoor use, that is perfect for using in the rain, wild forest, which can be soaked in the water for a short time.
- Very durable
- Zoom in modes for multiple hunting regions
- Multiple power options
- Rechargeable batteries
- 4 kinds of light filters to use in any situation
- Slightly overpriced
- Disappointing customer service
5. Orion M30C 700 Lumen Red or Green 377 Yards Long Range LED Hog Predator Varmint Hunting Flashlight Rechargeable Light Kit
Orion has made a name for itself in the fields on hunting lights and supplies. And their presence in the list definitely testifies that. Presenting the M30C 700 Lumen Red or Green 377 Yards Long Range LED Hog Predator Varmint Hunting Flashlight. One of their economic, but very effective options. And considering it’s quality, it’s definitely one of the best lights for coyote hunting at night, for cheap.
Similar to most other products of Orion, it is also available in two colors. The red and green variants are both made of three unfiltered CREE Premium XP-E2 color LEDs. The lights can power upto 700 lumens and provide light upto 377 yards. Thus, providing both security as well as tactical use.
This light can be used in multiple scenarios, based on its three usable modes, all of which are also recognized by the light even when it is turned off.
This comes with a complete set of rechargeable batteries which can be charged upto 500 times, making sure you don’t need rapid changes.
Also, the mounting kit contains all the necessary tools, holsters you’d need to hoist the light anywhere you want. From handguns to rifles.
- Brightest long range waterproof LED hunting light - 700 lumens 377 Yards unfiltered Color Light
- Three brightness to fits all your hunting needs - turn the light head to set various brightness
- INCLUDE MOUNTING KIT – Mounting kit and Dual control remote pressure switch
- Rechargeable – two sets of 18650 rechargeable batteries, 2 channel smart charger with car adapter
- COMPLETE SOLUTION - include light, Pressure Switch, Mounts, Two batteries, Charger w/ car adapter
- Powerful light source
- Three separate lights in one package
- Great 🔋 battery life
- Great holster ability
- Some products might have a flickering problem
- Underwhelming customer service
6.Ulako Green Light 350 Yards Spotlight
Next on the list is the 350 yards green light spotlight by Ulako. This aluminium made spotlight is considerably very effective because you can use it both as a spotlight as well as a light for coyote hunting at night.
This powerful light features two switches, one to permanently keep it turned on nor off. Another momentary switch, which can be kept on for a short while if required. The momentary switch option can save a great deal of battery life.
The entire package comes with all the necessary mounts, holsters and holders required to hoist it anywhere. It can be a handgun, rifle or sniper that you deem necessary.
Unlike other competitors, Ulako makes its own batteries which is a Li-ion built, 2660 mAh battery. When fully charged, this battery can provide upto 4 hours of nonstop usage.
- Spotlight or floodlight choice by Adjustable the flashlight
- Single 1 mode, 350 yards long distance
- Equiped quick release mount and Remote Pressure Switch. Mounted in your torch
- Hight quality aluminum alloy material with O-rings for waterproof and shockproof design
- Set included: Zoomable flashlight + pressure switch + quick release mount + mount + 2600mah battery + charger
- Cheaper than competitors
- Powerful battery life
- Great power of light and range
- Complete value for money
- Might scare hogs if not used right
- Somewhat flakey
- Some products might ship with a faulty pressure switch.
7. Predator Tactics Coyote Reaper Hunting Light Kit
Last on our list is one of the best lights for coyote hunting at night, albeit one of the fanciest. This product comes in a fancy black leather box, while everything has a matte black finish. A very premium looking product.
The light comes with a focusing mechanism, allowing the user to use laser sharp precision when using it. The focus allows us to look through timber and logs, and get a better view of certain points in the forest, to get a better look at the game.
The kit comes with a battery extension tube which can help you extend your battery life for long hours in the woods.
The kit also contains a vehicle charging kit, so that you can charge your light in your car. without worrying about not having it charged from home.
Also, the addition of the box makes everything easy to carry and store without hassle.
- OFFERED IN SEVERAL VARIATIONS: single, double, triple LED, 4 Led and Infrared Illuminator
- FEATURES: an adjustable focus, intensity control on/off dial on the tail cap and interchangeable LED bulb modules
- DISTANCES up to 700 yards of beam throw, 800 Yards of Beam Throw for the Infrared Illuminator Kit
- EXTENDED RUN TIME PER BATTERY: Over 4 Hours of Burn Time per battery. Rechargeable.
- RELIABLE AND EASY TO USE: Aluminum Alloy, Waterproof, Functional in -20 degree temps, lightweight
- High end matte finish
- Strong sturdy box to fit everything
- Extendable battery unit to get more power
- Focus features, to ensure a better view of the forest.
- Slightly overpriced
- No color options
- The focus not very effective for too far distances
Finding the best lights for coyote hunting at night is not easy. There’s a lot of products available in the market, and not all of them love up to their words.
There’s a number of flashy products that tend to show a lot of promise. Or would rely under flashy gimmicks to make their products make sense, however fall flat when it comes to execution. Finding a good product might be hard, but a few steps here and there can make it possible. Understand your demands and which products can satiate them.
When it comes to coyotes, they can be different based on region, so understand the behavior of them in your region and then look for your product. Understand the importance of their metrics such as battery life, distance, power of battery, battery type, durability etc. as well. Also, look for complete kits which bring more value for money.
Using colored lights is easy as coyotes tend to not get bothered by such. We’ve searched for some of the best lights for coyote hunting and we can hope that it will help you choose your pick for your next hunt. Happy hunting!